- SHRM asked if the use of wearables increases the responsibilities of HR.
- HR Examiner described the seven deadly sins of HR analytics.
- Forbes wondered if individuals would rather be hired by humans or an algorithm.
- Working with state-of-the-art technology is the number one perk employees look for, beating out pool tables, snacks, and gym memberships.
- The New York Times discussed the growing, legitimate concern about technology taking over jobs.
In other developments:
- Senate Republicans introduced a Congressional Review Act aimed at stopping implementation of the new FLSA regulations.
- The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that Minnesota’s Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace Act can reach employers outside of Minnesota when the testing occurred there.
- GE is considering scrapping the annual raise.