- The EEOC sued a rural Mississippi health services company for disability discrimination, alleging that the company fired an employee who requested leave to recover from liver transplant surgery.
- A federal judge declared a mistrial in the EEOC’s age discrimination case against Texas Roadhouse after a jury was unable to reach unanimous agreement on a verdict.
- Fast Company covered new AI technology designed to improve how employers find and hire job candidates.
- A fast-growing sector of the HR tech industry is building tools that focus on teams, feedback, continuous performance management, and data-driven recruiting.
Wage and Hour
- The administration issued an executive order ordering the DOL to “halt work” on and review the fiduciary rule that was scheduled for implementation on April 10.
- SHRM considered how the NLRB may shift direction under the leadership of the incoming Acting Chairman Philip Miscimarra.
- The president issued an executive order requiring federal agencies to repeal two regulations for every one they issue.