In Other News
- The healthcare bill currently under consideration in the U.S. House of Representatives would allow employers to impose penalties on employees who decline to share their genetic information as part of an employer-sponsored wellness program.
- An author in Quartz argued that multi-lingual speakers make the most valuable employees because of the way their brains function.
- A Massachusetts company will pay $1.2 million in restitution to more than 550 workers after a DOL and Massachusetts AG investigation found the business was not paying its workers overtime and earned sick time and was violating child labor laws.
- Former Fox News anchor Gretchen Carlson spoke against mandatory arbitration clauses in employment contracts at a press conference convened by U.S. Senator Al Franken.
- The first round of March Madness has been estimated to cost employers $4 billion in lost productivity, but SHRM suggested HR take a laissez-faire approach to office pools.
- Fast Company offered advice on preparing for an immigration raid on your workplace.